Muy-Ono is dedicated to the growth and development of our properties and we welcome you to discover a culture where your contributions are recognized and celebrated. A successful candidate is a values-oriented professional that loves the work and is interested in the professional growth opportunity presented by the role. Cultural alignment and attitude are as important as skills and experience. Our environment is unstructured, collaborative, and fun with a high degree of both autonomy and accountability. Above all, we have fun and get stuff done.
We are seeking an General Manager or Assistant General Manager, based on experience and value added ability, to join our growing team in Belize. We are seeking adventurous and ambitious individuals with a strong finance background that can manage complex operations involving significant restaurant, bar and tour businesses in addition to all the standard hotel management responsibilities including: maximizing revenue, controlling expenses, motivating the team, maintaining the asset and delivering an exceptional guest experience. The GM is ultimately responsible for leading their market and exceeding guest and associate expectations.
The General Manager will function as the primary strategic business leader for the hotel, and will oversee all aspects of the operation, with an emphasis on the financial side of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all financial aspects of the business
- Work directly with resort accountant cutting costs and maximizing revenue
- Create and analyze operating reports and adjust/manage costs to budget
- Lead the Revenue Management process through participation and engagement
- Provide feedback to management, and hourly staff on service and operational standards
- Create, and support clear lines of responsibility for management team, including coverage and oversight throughout the day
- Work with sales/marketing team to implement sales strategies and maximize revenue
- Ensure ongoing development of managers and alignment of values across the team
- Actively recruit and hire qualified staff members
- Perform additional duties as required
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Prior hotel management experience is a requirement
- Ensure Guest Satisfaction
- Promote Teambuilding and Development
- Ongoing communication and follow-up
- Financial and Budgetary Goal Attainment
- Sales & Marketing Goal Attainment
- Oversee all hotel departments including Sales, Breakfast, Housekeeping, Front Desk & Engineering
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Accounting or related major
- Strong finance Background is favored
- Previous Hotel General Manager experience is favored. Although previous hotel leadership experience in a select service environment will be considered.
- Experience working in the Caribbean is preferred
- You must be able to pass a thorough background check as well as be drug free
- Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, flexible work arrangement, paid business travel to Belize, Friends and Family discounts within the portfolio, 401K matching, and more.
- Housing, meals and most living expenses are covered by the company.
If you meet the requirements and would like to become part of our team, please email your resume and any other supporting documents to Mackenzy at email@example.com.