Chief of Staff
Full-time position in Austin, TX
Muy’Ono Hospitality is looking for an entrepreneurially-minded chief of staff to support the chairman and chief executive officer with the execution of strategic initiatives and special projects. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in an unstructured (sometimes chaotic) professional environment, thrive in a creative and collaborative workplace, and take complete ownership of their work. The role requires a quick-learning, self-starter who is willing to tackle any task, is passionate about business, embraces uncertainty, exhibits sound judgement, and is extremely thorough and organized. The answer to most questions will be, “Go figure it out.”
Must be willing to work seven days a week when required, and an early riser is strongly desired. You will initially make very little money, but the role offers tremendous potential for rapid growth in compensation, capability and responsibility for the right individual. Scope will extend beyond the hospitality business to related ventures including Stelos Alliance, Live Large and new ideas.
Job requires frequent travel to Belize and other destinations. A year-round tan is a coveted benefit. Of course, we’ve got the other stuff too like competitive medical, dental, vision, 401k with company contribution, flexible workplace, and an extraordinarily generous time-off program.
- Business basics including high-level financial statement analysis
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to create something from nothing
- Ability to organize and simplify complex concepts and challenges
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn and manage new software systems
- Desired traits include: incredible work ethic, proactive, detail oriented, professional, confidential, organized, and self-sufficient
- Ability to multitask and wear many different hats when needed
- Ability to communicate with candor and cheerfully accept critical feedback
- Managing upward and helping executives become more effective and productive
- Efficient and effective communicator, adopting the proper medium and cadence
- Strong analytical and research skills - ability to solve problems independently
- Situational leadership - ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, external clients and partners, and friends and family of the executives
- Ability to establish effective working relationships in a team environment
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree required with a 3.5+ GPA (or a really, really good story)
- Preference to business majors or minors (or equivalent work experience)
- Two to five years of (hopefully relevant) post-college work experience
- Interest in creating an entrepreneurial career with unlimited upside
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and able to travel to Belize
About Muy’Ono Hospitality
Muy’Ono is an innovative hospitality management company for resorts and tour operators, created to bring professional services at the highest level of international standards to the tourism industry in Belize. With a mission to deliver unforgettable vacations from start to finish, Muy’Ono combines world-class operational expertise with innovative marketing strategies and private capital to build successful ventures. Muy’Ono is dedicated to developing lasting economic stability in Southern Belize through environmentally sustainable operations, progressive employment practices and the support of local charities. For more information, visit www.muy-ono.com.
Send resumes to Taylor Burandt at firstname.lastname@example.org.