Content Marketing Specialist
Industry: Travel & Tourism, Marketing & Advertising
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, TX
Muy’Ono Hospitality, a vacation startup focusing on Belize tourism, is looking for an entrepreneurial Content Marketing Specialist to work on a diverse portfolio of businesses in hospitality. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, data-driven, possess a proactive mindset, partnership mentality and a crazy work ethic. Will work from home 80% of the time. Must be able to travel to Belize as necessary. The ideal candidate will be a values-oriented professional that loves the work and is interested in the professional growth opportunity presented by the role.
The successful candidate will have relevant experience and should be able to demonstrate competencies in data analysis, content creation, advertising, and project management. The role requires a tech-savvy individual that can quickly pick up the different operational systems used in the various businesses. The candidate should have strong communication skills, be comfortable working individually and as a team, and be able to negotiate with various business partners.
Professional values, cultural alignment and attitude are as important as skills and experience. Our environment is unstructured, collaborative, and fun with a high degree of both autonomy and accountability. Above all, we have fun and get stuff done.
A BA or BS with a major in Marketing, Communications, Advertising or Business preferred. Salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits package, flexible work arrangement, paid business travel to Belize, Friends and Family discounts within the portfolio, 401K matching, and more.
- Develop and/or maintain actionable quantitative marketing analysis in the areas of marketing effectiveness, ROI, revenue management and marketing optimization
- Assist in developing robust strategic plan for hotels through digital and non-digital channels
- Develop, manage and implement products, programs, marketing strategies and campaigns including but not limited to email campaigns, marketing collateral creation and purchasing, and digital media for multiple brands and strategic partners
- Use InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop to create marketing collateral
- Research consumer markets, competitors, monitor market trends, and generate new cutting edge ideas
- Manage multiple projects concurrently with a sense of urgency, while managing to deadlines and budgets, without detailed instructions
- Work closely with the CMO to write press releases, create presentations, organize media lists and support other initiatives of the Marketing Department
- Work occasionally with the CRO on maintenance and implementation of hotel reports, quality control checks, and booking channel edits.
- Reach out to companies identified as potential partners, as well as advertisers, media outlets, etc. and negotiate partnerships
- Work with property departments to ensure websites and third-party listings are accurate, current and effective
- Communicate across the portfolio and be available during frequent meetings to interpret portfolio needs, as well as plan, organize, and discuss progress/results
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing, Advertising, Communication, and/or Business preferred)
- 1-2 year(s) experience desired, but not required
- Marketing Generalist skill set with experience in content creation and business analysis
- Outgoing and self-motivated individual with pleasant personality and a team player attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to coherently interact with various departments and levels of management
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Adwords
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Experience working with Squarespace/Wix is a plus
- Ability to travel to Belize as necessary
If you meet the requirements and would like to become part of our team, please email your resume and any other supporting documents to Shawnna Rice at email@example.com.